The Giving Tree

The Giving Tree - One of the books read in childhood days and is still etched in my mind. Particularly, this stanza,“And after a long time the boy came back again."I am sorry, Boy," said the tree, "but I have nothing left to give you-My apples are gone.""My teeth are too weak for apples," said the boy."My branches are gone," said the tree."You cannot swing on them-""I am too old to swing on branches," said the boy."My trunk is gone," said the tree."You cannot climb-""I am too tired to climb," said the boy."I am sorry," sighed the tree."I wish that I could give you something... but I have nothing left. I am an old stump. I am sorry...""I don't need very much now," said the boy, "just a quiet pleace to sit and rest. I am very tired.""Well," said the tree, straightening herself up as much as she could,"well, an old stump is a good for sitting and resting. Come, Boy, sit down. Sit down and rest."And the boy did.And the tree was happy.” A good story about love and sacrifices. One that everyone should read.