Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog

Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog - John Grogan “A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.Just like Marley, my Golden-Retriever, Alfey is a classic example of the above mentioned fact. All dogs are! One just needs to see.A Great piece of work from John Grogan that has promised to remain in my memories forever and ever.Saying that I loved it, is a mere understatement. I lived it. I enjoyed it. I adored it.Being a retriever-owner myself, I can say I lived every piece of the book, some to an extent lot more. I can never agree more to these few lines Grogan has adroitly expressed. Not even if I yelled for hours, standing at the peak of Mount Everest with a mike in my hands. It is just so true and a feeling mutual to all dog-lovers like me. "We could have bought a small yacht with what we spent for our dog and all the things he destroyed. Then again, how many yachts wait by the door all day for your return?"The story as you might well know by now is about the life of Marley(A Labrador Retriever). John Gorgan's pet dog. Marley was irritatingly-cute, disastrously-funny, a mess-maker, a heart-winner with those innocent eyes. Marley was a chewer of couches, a slasher of screens, a slinger of drool, a tipper of trash cans. The book revolves around how in his early years of marriage, John and Jenny(John's wife) bought a lab-pup for a pet dog and how very soon he became the inevitable integral part of their lives. He lives a dog's not-so-long-life of 13 years while he loves the Grogan family unconditionally. They live learn and love Marley through these years until time comes for him to depart from the world. This again is such a mutual feeling. In my childhood, I owned a German Shepherd and lost him to sickness. Every tiny memory of his pools my eyes with tears.This is how Grogan has put it through for himself, for me and for those few thousand people who have lost their pet dogs. "Every night for thirteen years he had waited for me at the door. Walking in now at the end of the day was the most painful part of all."I sobbed, then wept and then cried. And once I Did I knew there was no stopping. I could so feel Grogan's loss as mine. I too fell in love with Marley like thousand other readers did. This one was an anticipated breakage of the dam of my tears which didn't stop for good few hours. Here it is, Owning a dog always ended with sadness because dogs just don't live as long as people did.Read it even if you are not a dog-owner. You might want to own one.Read it even if you are a dog-hater. You might start loving them.Read it. Read it anyway.