Turning Points: A Journey Through Challenges

Turning Points: A Journey Through Challenges - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Will I be able to put in words how long I've had to wait before I could grab my copy of this book? Moreover, when its a book revealing the life of the only idol in your life and the person you so respect and value.Few months ago, I'd read in the article on ndtv.com that Dr. Kalam was writing his next book named 'The Turning Points' and I knew I had to get the book. Simply because his books are such an abundance of experience and knowledge.'The Turning Points' is a sequel to 'Wings of Fire' an internationally acclaimed book showcasing the achievements and dearths in the life of Former Indian President and Nuclear Scientist Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam. It revolves around Dr. Kalam's mission of India 2020 and the efforts imperative to achieve it. It gives an insight into the life of the most admired Dr. Kalam after 1992 laying focus on the many controversies that took a stand during his period as President of India. In his autobiography; Wings of Fire, Dr. Kalam has covered significant portion of his life from childhood, to schooling, to his career as a scientist encompassing every bit of detail for the readers. The sequel book - The Turning Points, throws light on his life as The President of India from 2002 to 2007 which he illustrates narrating his motives and vision for a developed India through his mission India 2020.The book is descriptive of his activities and travels made to realize his dream. Set aside parameters for people from different back grounds and positions toward achieving the goal of India - A Developed Nation.What I liked about the book was the fact that it not only portrays Dr. Kalam's personal life but also his love for the nation urging citizens of the country to step up and contribute their best toward the nation's progress. How every single one of us can make the difference seen and felt with constant determined efforts and with a high level of confidence and perseverance. Though the book is not as awe-inspiring as 'Wings of Fire' is, it nevertheless gives an idea about the practical approach to Mission India 2020 in a detailed manner. There's a lot to learn and imbibe from his personal experiences as illustrated in the book and most certainly can help to change the way we look at life and challenges.A sure recommendation to everyone.