The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (Vintage Contemporaries)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon Now, this was not what I'd stepped into. Okay, well, I'd read the synopsis and knew that its about behavioral challenges characterized by autistic kids. But, wasn't there supposed to be some considerable part of the book dedicated towards Wellington, the dog in question? So, for other readers who alike me are suckers for dog-based-books, do not be misled by the title since the book has nothing to do with dogs nor is there any curious incident happening with any dog except that the dog was killed in the night time by Christopher's father.Wondering who Christopher is? Well, that's the autistic kid, the book's based on. Read the synopsis to know more about him. Wondering, why I do not recommend the book? As, quite honestly, I'm sure there are better books to read on autism than just this one. Nothing against Mark Haddon, of course. The book has been beautifully written, no doubt. But I was just hoping to like it a lot more. Even though I was getting antsy knowing there wasn't going to be anything about man's best friend, the book still kept me engaged. So, yes, it is worth a read, maybe you'll like it better.So go ahead, read it. Maybe I just walked into this one with a lot of dog-ish expectations and came out annoyed.