How to Win Friends and Influence People

How to Win Friends & Influence People - Dale Carnegie My First Dale Carnegie book and I must admit I am thoroughly impressed with what a mere 300 odd pages book has to offer.How to Win Friends and Influence People was recommended to me by my friend-cum-colleague Chintan Bhatt. Sadly, it took close to 2 weeks to finish reading this book as I was reading through an e-book and e-books really do slow down my pace of reading.My job requires me to converse with Directors and Senior-most Managers from the Corporate Biggies across the globe which I must confess tends to get unnerving. I mean, okay, it is one thing to manage to squeeze two minutes out of their precious time for yourself and an altogether different thing to make them listen to what I wish to convey and demand of them.It is tough and moreso when you do not have a tactic on hand to go about successfully achieving your goal. During a casual discussion, I voiced out my concerns as to how it is next to impossible to speak to the concerned person and get your job done through them. That's when Chintan mentioned to me that I should read this book if I wish to make my clients want to do what I want. And it sure is an immense help toward changing the way you look at things and improving the way you interact with people.Effective conversation is essential in professional as well as personal life. And the most important driving factor is selfless-interaction. Being kind and nice is the key to successful interaction and with exemplary instances does Dale elaborate them. These few lines are stuck in my memory even though I finished the book long back“It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”It is not meant for a particular age or group of people but useful for everyone. A must read if you feel that your conversation with someone is leading you nowhere. Try this book and feel the difference yourself.