When the Signal turns Red

When the Signal turns Red - Jayanand Ukey To Jayanand Ukey, thank you for sharing the review copy with me. This book was read and reviewed for the author.My Rating - 2 & 1/2 starsTwo letters that shattered two lives. And begins the story of Girish and Prajakta and how their easy-going lives were turned upside down when they received the two most unanticipated letters of their lifetimes. Girish and Prajakta are college friends and deeply in love with each other. They have recently graduated with engineering degrees and their offer letters from the IT biggies, DCL and Geomsys. They are about to join their companies in a few weeks time when Prajakta's parents, an army officer father and a home-maker mother discover about her relationship with Girish. At the same time Girish releases the news to his parents. Both the families open-heartedly accept their decision to get married. Just when they are about to be engaged, both Girish and Prajakta receive letters from their respective employers that owing to economic crisis, their offers are revoked. And starts the tale about how both Girish and Prajakta try to survive the turn of events in their lives to save their love for each other.- Set in India, the tale is plain lucid and one you can easily relate to as we do find such cases where being unemployed results as barrier in love relationships advancing to next stage.-Although the story is predictable, it is an engaging read nonetheless.-The author has well placed and timed the turn of events. I liked the part when after calling off the engagement Prajakta's father asked Prajakta's phone to be confiscated as she is strictly instructed to have no more contacts with Girish and assigns Prajakta's mother to take away her phone but Prajakta's mother knows how much her daughter loves Girish and lets her have the phone in secret. This is still seen in Indian societies that mothers have a no-say status in families owing to their dominating husbands but mothers still support their kids discreetly.I'd easily rate it somewhere between 2 and 3 stars for this was the first book from the author and a fairly great job done at that. All through the book, I could feel the rawness of language and thoughts, an experience that only the first-most novel captures. I'd like to read something much more intense in plot in his upcoming books to maintain my interest that is.I would recommend this book to those who you are looking for a light read without much expectations of a great brain-whirling tale.